By Michael Leo Samuel
Read Online or Download A Shepherd's Song PDF
Best judaism books
In the course of its 2,500-year lifestyles, the booklet of Genesis has been the keystone to just about each very important declare approximately truth, humanity, and God in Judaism and Christianity. And it maintains to play a critical position in debates approximately technological know-how, politics, and human rights. With readability and talent, acclaimed biblical pupil Ronald Hendel presents a wide ranging historical past of this iconic publication, exploring its impression on Western faith, philosophy, technology, politics, literature, and extra.
Dr. Tsesis describes the trail he traversed from non secular lack of expertise to robust trust within the Jewish faith. Tsesis assigns a different position to the facts of his end that faith and science—especially in mild of modern discoveries—are now not antagonists, and are, actually, in entire concord, supplementing and never except one another.
Introducing English-speaking readers to the parameters and scope of rabbinic authority as a rule, and the workings of the establishment of the beit din—the Jewish court docket of law—in specific, this publication offers 10 rulings in circumstances of Jewish civil legislation that the writer passed down as a member of a beit din panel.
Making males identifies and elaborates on a topic within the Hebrew Bible that has principally long gone overlooked by way of scholars-the transition of a male adolescent from boyhood to manhood. Wilson locates 5 examples of the male coming-of-age subject within the Hebrew Bible. The protagonists of those tales contain the well known biblical heroes Moses, Samuel, David, and Solomon.
- Jewish FAQs : An Internet Rabbi's Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Judaism
- Conscious Community: A Guide to Inner Work
- The Hermeneutics of Divine Testing: Cosmic Trials and Biblical Interpretation in the Epistle of James and Other Jewish Literature (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Living a Jewish Life, Updated and Revised Edition: Jewish Traditions, Customs and Values fo
- Natural Law in Judaism
- The Wisdom Instructions in the Book of Tobit (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
Additional resources for A Shepherd's Song