By Sigmund Loland
The booklet examines a few of the key matters within the ethics of recreation, including:
* equity and justice in sport
* ethical and immoral interpretation of 'athletic performance'
* what makes a 'good competition'
* the foremost values of aggressive sport.
The proposal of reasonable play is indispensable to game as we all know and adventure it, and is usually visible as an important ethos if aggressive activity is to outlive and flourish. Fair Play in Sport offers a useful consultant to the topic for all people with an curiosity in ethics and the philosophy of sport.
Read Online or Download Fair Play in Sport: A Moral Norm System (Ethics and Sport) PDF
Similar ethics & morality books
Even supposing the linking of "ethics" and "politics" could appear extra just like the elements for a comedian's monologue, it's a sober factor and person who impacts each American—especially in terms of kingdom politics, the place the cynical could say ethics can by no means live on. to discover examples of the most recent corruption du jour, all one has to do is flip to the newspaper, or turn on the neighborhood newscast (think Illinois and New Jersey).
Via an bold and significant revision of Michel Foucault's research of ethics, James Faubion develops an unique software of empirical inquiry into the moral area. From an anthropological standpoint, Faubion argues that Foucault's specification of the analytical parameters of this area is the best aspect of departure in conceptualizing its exact beneficial properties.
This significant selection of essays addresses the query of why students can not do with no category in spiritual stories and theology, and what we will be able to study from a renewed engagement with the subject. This quantity discusses what new discourses relating to notions of gender, ethnicity, and race could upload to advancements on notions of sophistication.
The connection among the Austrian culture and Bloomington institutionalism has been a part of a bigger highbrow evolution of a kinfolk of colleges of proposal that coevolved in a number of streams over the past a hundred years or so. The Bloomington students, after they delineated the wider parameters in their personal examine application, began to reconstruct, reinterpret, and in lots of instances easily rediscover and reinvent Austrian insights and issues.
- Contractualism and the Foundations of Morality
- Scoundrels: Defining Corruption Through Tales of Political Intrigue in Rhode Island
- Bildethik in der Berichterstattung (German Edition)
- Freiheitsentziehende Maßnahmen in stationären Pflegeeinrichtungen (German Edition)
- 42 - The Answer To Life, The Universe, And Everything
- Morality in a Natural World: Selected Essays in Metaethics (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
Extra resources for Fair Play in Sport: A Moral Norm System (Ethics and Sport)