By Allan Gotthelf,Gregory Salmieri
The first quantity to supply a finished scholarly remedy of Rand’s whole corpus (including her novels, her philosophical essays, and her research of the occasions of her times), this Companion offers important orientation and context for students and proficient readers grappling with a debatable and understudied philosopher whose enduring impact on American (and global) tradition is more and more recognized.
- The first book to supply an in-depth scholarly remedy ranging over the total of Rand’s corpus
- Provides expert contextual research for students in numerous disciplines
- Presents unique examine on unpublished fabric and drafts from the Rand information in California
- Features insightful and fair-minded interpretations of Rand’s debatable positions
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best religious & spiritual eastern philosophy books
Regenerative medication is wealthy with promethean delivers. using human embryonic stem cells in learn is justified through its advocates by way of can provide to therapy a variety of ailments and disabilities, from Alzheimer’s and Parkinsonism to the result of center assaults and spinal wire accidents. extra largely, there's the promethean attract of having the ability to revamp human organic nature by way of the targets and issues of people.
The paintings explores the historic and highbrow context of Tsongkhapa's philosophy and addresses the serious concerns concerning questions of improvement and originality in Tsongkhapa's suggestion. It additionally offers widely with one in every of Tsongkhapa's fundamental matters, particularly his makes an attempt to illustrate that the center method philosophy's deconstructive research doesn't negate the truth of the standard international.
Authors from world wide unite in order to domesticate discussion among Asian and Western philosophy. The papers forge a brand new, East-West comparative course by and large diversity of concerns in Kant stories. the concept that of personhood, the most important for either traditions, serves as a springboard to deal with matters comparable to wisdom acquisition and schooling, ethics and self-identity, religious/political neighborhood construction, and cross-cultural figuring out.
Like artists, very important writers defy unequivocal interpretations. Gao Xingjian, winner of the Nobel Prize in literature, is a worldly author, deeply rooted within the chinese language prior whereas prompted through paragons of Western modernity. the current quantity brings jointly for the 1st time a set of essays at the topics of freedom and destiny within the artistic works of Gao Xingjian.
- The Spirit of Chinese Philosophy: Volume 34 (China: History, Philosophy, Economics)
- Vedic Yoga: The Path of the Rishi
- The Emergence of China: From Confucius to the Empire (Ancient China in Context)
- The Perennial Way: New English Versions of Yoga Sutras, Dhammapada, Heart Sutra, Ashtavakra Gita, Faith Mind Sutra, and Tao Te Ching
- Ramchandra Gandhi: The Man and His Philosophy
- Between East and West: From Singularity to Community (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
Extra resources for A Companion to Ayn Rand (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)