By David R. Heffelfinger
About This Book
- Install and configure GlassFish 4
- Covers all significant Java EE 7 APIs and comprises new additions corresponding to JSON Processing
- Packed with transparent, step by step directions, functional examples, and simple explanations.
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a Java builders who desires to turn into expert with Java EE 7, this booklet is perfect for you. Readers are anticipated to have a few event with Java and to have constructed and deployed functions long ago, yet don't want any earlier wisdom of Java EE or J2EE.
What you'll Learn
- Develop web-based purposes utilizing JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2.2
- Interact with databases through the Java patience API (JPA) 2.1
- Create cleaning soap and RESTful net providers through JAX_WS and JAX-RS APIs
- Develop firm JavaBeans (EJBs), together with consultation and message-driven beans
- Integrate firm program layers through Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) API
- Make WebSocket purposes through the normal Java EE 7 WebSocket API
GlassFish is a loose, open resource program server which helps all of the significant Java good points corresponding to company JavaBeans, JPA, JavaServer Faces, JMS, RMI, JavaServer Pages, and servlets. it's the first Java EE 7 compliant program server. All significant Java EE applied sciences and API's are lined during this model of Java. GlassFish server permits the person to paintings with the extensile, adaptable, and light-weight Java EE 7 platform.
This ebook explores the deploy and configuration of GlassFish, after which strikes directly to Java EE 7 program improvement, protecting all significant Java EE 7 APIs. It specializes in going past the fundamentals to advance Java purposes deployed to the GlassFish four software server. The e-book covers all significant Java EE 7 APIs together with JSF 2.2, EJB 3.2, CDI 1.1, the Java API for WebSocket, JAX-WS, JAX-RS and extra.
The later chapters discover competing implementations of the WebSocket regular in Java, describing the updates in JMS; which goals to supply an easier API and aid in boilerplate code between a bunch of different good points. Readers also will the best way to safe Java EE purposes by way of benefiting from GlassFish's integrated security measures. ultimately, we study extra in regards to the RESTful net carrier improvement utilizing the JAX-RS specification.
By Mindaugas Pocius
By Siraj Raval
Take benefit of Bitcoin’s underlying know-how, the blockchain, to construct vastly scalable, decentralized functions often called dapps. during this useful advisor, writer Siraj Raval explains why dapps turns into extra broadly used—and profitable—than today’s preferred net apps. You’ll find out how the blockchain’s cryptographically saved ledger, scarce-asset version, and peer-to-peer (P2P) expertise offer a extra versatile, better-incentivized constitution than present software program models.
Once you recognize the speculation in the back of dapps and what a thriving dapp surroundings seems like, Raval exhibits you the way to exploit present instruments to create a operating dapp. You’ll then take a deep dive into the OpenBazaar decentralized marketplace, and think about case experiences of profitable dapps presently in use.
- Learn advances in distributed-system expertise that make disbursed info, wealth, id, computing, and bandwidth possible
- Build a Twitter clone with the pass language, disbursed structure, decentralized messaging app, and peer-to-peer facts store
- Learn approximately OpenBazaar’s decentralized industry and its constitution for assisting transactions
- Explore Lighthouse, a decentralized crowdfunding undertaking that opponents websites equivalent to Kickstarter and IndieGogo
- Take an in-depth examine La’Zooz, a P2P ridesharing app that transmits information at once among riders and drivers
By Abdullah Al Mohammad
Ext JS four Plugin and Extension improvement is a pragmatic, step by step educational which publications you to profit and advance ExtJS plugins and extensions. there are lots of examples with causes and many code supplied to make it more straightforward and speedier to choose up.
Starting with the basics, this ebook introduces a few of the ExtJS library and neighborhood supplied plugins and extensions and finishes with numerous hands-on, actual international improvement examples. you'll get a transparent suggestion of ExtJS plugins and extensions and the right way to use them. additionally, you will find out how to improve an ExtJS plugin and extension through dealing with a number of examples with code and screenshots.
Ext JS four Plugin and Extension improvement booklet provides you with the data to boost ExtJS plugins and extensions utilizing real-life examples.
This is a step by step educational that virtually teaches Ext JS plugin and extension improvement via pattern examples that bring up in complexity.
Who this publication is for
Ext JS four Plugin and Extension improvement is perfect for knowledgeable ExtJS builders who are looking to extend their wisdom in constructing plugins and extensions. This booklet can also be for these builders who're new to ExtJS improvement, with at the least a few wisdom on ExtJS basics.
By Antonio Pachon Ruiz
Learn how you can do extra with the Android SDK with this complex Android software advisor which indicates you ways to make even higher Android apps that clients will love
About This Book
- Learn the right way to layout and construct greater Android apps to arrive new users
- Explore the most recent gains and instruments within the Android SDK that can assist you turn into a greater developer
- From concurrency to trying out – via to including advertisements and billing, this e-book ties jointly each aspect that can assist you carry a pretty good Android program on Google Play
Who This publication Is For
Mastering Android program improvement is meant for Android builders that wish perception on and suggestions throughout the steps they should take to offer their creations the sting in a aggressive market.
What you are going to Learn
- Create an Android venture with Android M features
- Design the fundamental navigation for our app utilizing the UI components
- Set up a cloud-based platform and shop information on it
- Implement programming styles resembling Singleton and Observer to take care of your venture code for destiny use
- Display lists and grids utilizing Android RecyclerView
- Implement person interface parts and make your app glance professional
- Handle, obtain, and shop pictures in addition to reminiscence management
- Create the database and content material prone to accomplish read-write operations
- Add notifications to the app and analytics to trace the user's usage
- Show a Google map view in your app
- Configure minify to obfuscate the code
- Add ads and create items for buy on your app
There are hundreds of thousands of Android apps available in the market for individuals to obtain – how do you're making convinced yours has the sting? it isn't regularly approximately innovation and ideas – the main winning apps are those who may be able to fulfill consumer calls for – they are those that glance the simplest, the quickest, and the simplest and such a lot intuitive to use.
This publication exhibits you the way to create Android purposes that do accurately that – it's been designed assist you think about and solution these questions in the course of the improvement strategy, so that you can create purposes that stand out opposed to the group. how you can create exemplary UIs that give a contribution to a pleasing person adventure throughout the lens of fabric layout, and discover how you can harness the variety of positive aspects in the Android SDK that can assist you. Dive deeper into complicated programming thoughts and observe the best way to leverage concurrency and navigate reminiscence administration and snapshot dealing with. you are going to additionally locate additional information on trying out and debugging so that you can make sure that your software is trustworthy and strong for users.
Beyond this you may the best way to expand your app and upload larger performance, together with notifications, place providers, ads and app billing (essential with a purpose to adequately monetize your creation!). to ensure you trust at each degree within the approach, the booklet additionally indicates you ways to liberate your app to the Play shop – to ensure your maximising your efforts to create a favored Android application!
Style and approach
This is a step by step consultant the place conception and perform are merged in a manner that allows you to positioned a brand new notion into perform very easily. by way of supporting to target the result, and displaying all of the technical steps you want to get there, you may be poised for improvement success!
By Ryan Roemer
The booklet progresses from Mocha try suites and Chai assertions to complex try mocks and stubs with Sinon.JS. The considered necessary libraries and utilities are brought with in-depth examples and most sensible practices for integration together with your functions. The ebook publications you thru the try out making plans and implementation strategies on your software types, perspectives, routers, and different Backbone.js components.
Backbone.js trying out can provide the instruments, examples, and information to check your Backbone.js internet purposes completely, quick, and with confidence.
This ebook is choked with step by step tutorials and directions in recipe structure that will help you create attempt infrastructures and progressively enhance your Backbone.js program improvement and trying out skills.
Who this ebook is for
By Rubayeet Islam
By Jeff Sussna
Now that we’re relocating from a product economic climate to a electronic carrier economic climate, software program is changing into serious for navigating our daily lives. the standard of your carrier depends upon how good it is helping clients accomplish objectives and fulfill wishes. carrier caliber isn't really approximately designing functions, yet approximately making—and keeping—promises to customers.
To assist you enhance purchaser pride and create confident model stories, this pragmatic e-book introduces a transdisciplinary method of electronic provider supply. Designing a resilient provider this present day calls for a unified attempt throughout front-office and back-office capabilities and technical and company views. You’ll learn the way make IT a whole associate within the ongoing conversations you've got together with your customers.
- Take a different customer-centered method of the full carrier supply lifecycle
- Apply this attitude throughout improvement, operations, QA, layout, venture administration, and marketing
- Implement a particular caliber insurance method that unifies these disciplines
- Use the technique to accomplish real resilience, not only stability
By Jean-Baptiste Onofré
About This Book
- Install and use Cellar as a provisioning clustering answer for Apache Karaf
- Extend Cellar utilization to greater than simply provisioning by way of imposing dispensed solutions
- Practical, step by step educational with genuine use instances and examples that can assist you seamlessly deal with a cluster of Karaf Instances
Who This ebook Is For
If you're new to Karaf and wish to put in and deal with a number of Karaf cases via farming or clustering, then this ebook is for you. when you are a Java developer or a method administrator with uncomplicated wisdom of Karaf, you should use this booklet as a advisor. a few heritage wisdom of OSGi and/or Karaf will be hottest yet isn't mandatory.
What you are going to Learn
- Explore the Apache Karaf OSGi box and its features
- Install and configure a number of Karaf containers
- Leverage Hazelcast utilizing Cellar to supply clustering
- Create and deal with a number of cluster groups
- Discover the various parts of Cellar and the way to administrate them
- Implement a fine-grained topology through filtering cluster events
- Use Cellar to enforce distant conversation among OSGi bundles (DOSGi)
- Use Cellar with Camel to enforce a distant communique among Camel routes and a allotted cache
Apache Karaf is a well-liked OSGi box that offers wealthy and extensive gains, and including Cellar, you could simply deal with farms of packing containers that supply synchronization among the cases of Karaf. In a true creation process, clients require a farm of packing containers to enforce failover and scalability, in addition to the instruments required to provision the several individuals of a cluster. This booklet can help you realize the structure, deploy, and configuration of a cluster and educate you approximately diversified parts and contours to get the easiest out of a clustering resolution utilizing Apache Karaf Cellar.
Learning Karaf Cellar begins with an advent to a few of the foremost good points of Karaf. After a short yet certain knowing of OSGi and Karaf, this booklet takes you thru the concept that of provisioning clusters after which covers what Cellar is and the way to take advantage of it.
By Rahul Sharma
About This Book
- Configure Nginx for top functionality, with configuration examples and explanations
- Step–by-step tutorials for functionality checking out utilizing open resource software
- Tune the TCP stack to utilize the on hand infrastructure
Who This e-book Is For
System directors, builders, and engineers trying to find how you can in achieving greatest functionality from NGINX will locate this booklet important. when you are trying to find suggestions similar to tips to deal with extra clients from a similar procedure or load your site pages speedier, then this is often the booklet for you.
What you'll Learn
- Compile and run NGINX from source
- Measure NGINX functionality and create baselines
- Tweak NGINX configuration for last-mile performance
- Work with Hypertext Preprocessor, Python, and different languages utilizing FCGI
- Learn to combine with different servers over HTTP
- Set up Memcache for a functionality boost
- Fine-tune the TCP stack for more suitable community utilization
- Construct NGINX extensions for varied purposes
NGINX is among the most typical unfastened, open resource net servers. Its performance-oriented structure and small footprint makes it an amazing selection for high-traffic websites.
NGINX bargains nice functionality and optimum source usage to its directors. This sensible advisor walks you thru tips on how to song one of many prime unfastened open resource internet servers to achieve optimum functionality for high-traffic websites. It additionally explores how you can increase community usage for top loads.
The journey begins with an outline of the NGINX structure. you are going to construct and configure NGINX for optimum usage of the on hand. The booklet demonstrates quite a few practices to enhance final mile content material supply by utilizing timeouts, caching, and compression. you will additionally observe a number of unfastened open resource instruments to check and benchmark net server functionality, permitting you to make sure NGINX functionality at each step.